Back in August I stumbled upon a very elegant card made by Diana Mancuso http://dianasdesignsblog.blogspot.com , who commented that she had been inspired by Tracy Gough’s May 2008 creation of an Ampersand Card http://camsmum-tg.blogspot.com/2008/05/bbtb-ampersand-contest.html . Needless to say, I am in awe of both these ladies’ work. When I recently received an invitation to a wedding shower for a friend’s son, I thought of the lovely cards I had seen and decided to try my hand at making one. Well, after working on this card for about 26 hours over 5 days, here it is. I have said, “This is it, nothing more.”
I used both Design Studio and my Gypsy to make this card. For the things that I wanted to tweak, of course, Gypsy was the only way to go. And for things that I didn’t want to be particular about sizing, I used DS. Cartridges used are Wedding, Alphalicious, George and Basic Shapes, and Sweethearts. The words on the inside of the card are computer generated. Some of these words are from a list by SusieB http://www.heartprints.net/gallery/, and other are just some I chose to use.
Many thanks to those who inspired me to take on this challenge. I learned a lot while making this card, and see where I can make some changes in my adaptation to make it better and easier in the future. Now that I think I’ve got this one under my belt, I think it will be fun to make another Ampersand card with a different theme sometime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment